Winners of the 2018 BGA Fleming Award and the 2019 Ground Engineering Editor’s Award for Claridge’s Hotel Basement, with Arup and McGee.
- 61no hand dug caissons up to 30m deep with 4.6m diameter bells
- 5 levels of basement underneath Claridge’s Hotel
- Excavation through one 7m square room to carry out these works
- The hotel was operational at all times, 3 years in the making
- Technology not to be seen before in the UK.
- Working with Jim Mackey who was full time on site.
Left-to-right: Michelle Mackey (McGee), Andy Pye (Arup), Adam Pellew (RKD), Jim Mackey (McGee), Dinesh Patel (Arup), Sarah Glover (Arup), Alice Blair (Arup)